Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Plan Of Salvation! What a blessing it is!



Elder Wainhouse and I! And Elder Greene lurking in the back hahaha

District Activity today! We went roller skating! Left to Right: Sister Schademan, Elder Bradshaw, Sister Denning, Me, Elder McCreadie, & Elder Morales



Hey family!

Well, another week has whisked by. This week consisted of teaching lots, riding lots, and having lots of fun!
On Monday night, we had exchanges with our Zone Leaders. This time around, I stayed I the area while Elder Morales went to their area. I was put with Elder Bradshaw. Now, Elder Bradshaw is hilarious! Needless to say, we had a lot of fun on exchanges. Tuesday morning rolled around...and somehow we managed to plan exchanges on the only day of the week that had snow. Yup, Elder Bradshaw and I walked around...in the snow...for 4-6 hours. Granted, at about 11am, the 4 of us elders went over to Mad Dog Cycles to pick up Elder Morales' bike so we could at least get some riding in there when the streets dried up. For the earlier part of the day, we did some contacting. Met up with some referrals. At 3 and 4, we had set lessons and dinner was at 5. Something I really like about dinner appointments is towards the end, we typically share the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have been doing it for quite some time now, but never with Elder Bradshaw. (Keep in mind, our ZL's are Spanish speaking elders.) Well, we got to sharing the message. I started it off, got to the end of Jesus' earthly ministry, then handed it over to Elder Bradshaw. From there he talked about the restoration through the prophet Joseph Smith. Now, he didn't have the first vision memorized in English...so he did it in Spanish! I've been working on memorizing it in Spanish too...but just the overwhelming spirit in that room as he shared that faithful experience of young Joseph. Sooo cool!
After dinner, we rode over to the stake center to have our monthly meeting with the stake president! Us, the Spanish sisters, and the senior couple were all in attendance.
After our meeting with the stake president, we happily rode over to our appointment with our star investigator! He's 9, and he's hilarious! His dad works for Snap-On Tools and he knows a guy I worked with in PG who also works for Snap-On. Small world! Well, this was essentially the last lesson before he can get baptized. Can't wait for that day!
After our lesson, we did some contacting before the night was over. We decided to make a pit stop at Krispy Kreme donuts. Well, when we got there, these two hot girls came over and started talking to us! Come to find out, they both spoke Spanish from their missions, so they and Elder Bradshaw started talking...and I was just listening trying to keep up with what they were saying. I can understand Spanish, but it takes me a while to respond. Either way, we talked, shared laughs, then went our separate ways. After that, we rode home, exchanged back, and went to bed!
Wednesday morning rolled around and we headed to Lindon to the mission office for a meeting for District Leaders, Trainers, and Trainees. Well, since my companion is the District Leader, I had to tag along even though I don't fall under any of those categories. Fast forward to that night! We had a lesson with a young investigator. And guess what?! Sister Killpack, President Killpack's wife, came to the lesson with us! We taught about the law of chastity. Sister Killpack loves kids, and when we told her about this situation a couple of weeks ago, she offered to come with us. We happily accepted! It was a great lesson! The spirit was there so strong. I definitely think this little girl feels better knowing just how important the Law Of Chastity really is.
Yesterday we had Thanksgiving dinner a couple weeks early with a family we're really cool with in the area. It was so much fun and there was so much food! Hey Dad! How bout dem Redskins! 😝😝 47-14 Redskins HAHA in your face Saints! I was ecstatic the rest of the day when I heard!

It's been a fantastic week and I'm grateful for all the blessings and tender mercies I receive on a daily basis from my loving Heavenly Father. This about does it for this week! I love you all! Thank you for all you do!


Elder Ahrens
Utah Orem Mission
612 W 100 S
Lindon, UT 84042

No comments:

Post a Comment