Sunday, November 29, 2015


A Savior is born!








Hello family!

Sorry the email is so late! We've been doing stuff all day long! I still gotta grab some dinner before our lesson at 6:30 so I'll make this brief!

The highlight of this week was probably Friday. It was pretty chill during day. Around 4pm, we gathered as a mission at a chapel in American Fork to have dinner. After that, we headed over to the Alpine Tabernacle (about 3 mins away from the chapel) where we prepped for the 1st Semi-Annual Musical Fireside of the Utah Orem Mission! For the duration of the fireside, we had various talks from missionaries in the mission. He keynote speaker was President Matt Holland, President of UVU and son of Elder Jeffery R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. In between talks, the Orem LDS Institute of Religion Choir sung various hymns and medleys which strengthened the spirit ten-fold. Towards the end, all of the missionaries joined the choir up front and we all sang the mission song "Send Me". It was soooo incredible! The fireside as a whole was something sweet and I can't wait for next time!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would like to share just how thankful I am for my family, extended family, friends, and other loved ones. Dad, Mom, Jason, Jenise, Mandee, Granny, Grandpa Jim, Nana. I love you all more than you could possibly imagine. I am so thankful for all of the love, support, and strength I receive from y'all. Lee and Crystal, let me express how much I love the Edwards Family. Y'all have done so much for me. Everything from PG and onwards. 

Mom, I hope you told Grandpa Jack about me when you were with him. I really wish I had gotten to know him better. At the end of the day, he's still hot blooded family. I appreciate the pictures. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

With love always,

Elder Ahrens
Utah Orem Mission
612 W 100 S
Lindon, UT 84042

No comments:

Post a Comment