Monday, November 2, 2015

Greetings from Orem, UT




Elder Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

Elder Clayton, Senior president of the Presidency of the Seventy


Selfie


Greetings from central Orem, UT!

Holy whip, talk about mixed feelings. Well, I'll just tell ya how transfers went! So we get there with all of our crap since Elder Calderwood and I both got transferred out of Lehi. Same with Elders Laffidy and Martz. So we're all chillen there waiting for the meeting to start. Pres Dawg stands up, introduces the greenies, and moves forward with transfer assignments. After much anticipation and anxiety of sitting there for the better part of an hour, it soon became apparent that I was going to be in one of the two Orem zones. "Elder Morales! Serving in the Orem LakeView area. Meet your new companion Elder Ahrens!" Now...when you hear the name "Morales"...you instantly think Latin America. Well, Elder Morales is from Vienna, Austria. The name comes from Peru where his parents are originally from. They moved from Peru about 25 years ago. Now, Elder Morales and I actually came out together on August 6th, but some complications led to Elder Morales being sent home for a short time, then he returned to the mission field.  Anyways...here we are. In Orem. With almost a week down in the transfer. We taught 20 lessons last week. That's more than I've taught my entire mission! I won't lie, there is a ton of work to be done in Orem.

So on Saturday, the Orem and Provo missions gathered at a chapel in Provo, UT where we were addressed by Elder L. Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy, and Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles! Talk about a blast of spiritual wind in the face! It was incredible seeing and hearing them in person! I'm so grateful that they came and spoke to us. They had so many inspirational things to share. They didn't have time to shake everyone's hand so we did a "air hand shake". Still good in my book! Hahaha Afterwards we met with President and Sister Killpack with the whole Utah Orem Mission and talked about the conference and stuff. It was great and I'm thankful I had the opportunity to attend!

Last night, my landlord sent y'all an email saying hi and stuff. She's a super nice lady and she takes care of us. Tender mercies. Truly. The only downside to our set up is we don't have a car and our area is huge! At least I have a way to keep the weight off! ðŸ˜…

Anyways, we're gonna go do pday stuff. I'll send pics soon!

Love you all!

Elder Ahrens
Utah Orem Mission
612 W 100 S
Lindon, UT 84042

No comments:

Post a Comment