Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Baptism is the first saving ordinance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.



Baptism by immersion in water by one having authority is the first saving ordinance of the gospel and is necessary for an individual to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and to receive eternal salvation.  All who seek eternal life must follow the example of the Savior by being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Hello family!

The highlight of our week was the baptism on Saturday! Oh, what a wonderful Saturday morning. We rode over to the Stake Center (they only have fonts at stake centers here in Utah) and met up with the Ward Mission Leader. I was so excited for the young lady I was going to baptize.  As we stepped into the baptismal font, dressed in white, the spirit was so strong. It was incredible! She held my wrist as I raised my arm to the square, said the prayer, and baptized her. When she came out of the water, she opened her eyes and looked at me and all I could see was the pure joy in her eyes. What a wonderful experience to be able to baptize someone as they enter the waters of baptism and follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. On Sunday, Elder Greenacre did the confirmation.  As we laid our hands on her head and confirmed her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Elder G conferred the Gift of the Holy Ghost upon her, then left her with a wonderful blessing. It's moments like those that truly remind and inspire me why I'm serving a mission. To see folks like her and her sister make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father, and eventually go to the temple. We're planning on a day when all four of us can go to Timp Temple and do baptisms for the dead..

Anyways, I figured I would say this now since its in three days...but Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! 21 years strong! I love you both! Do something special for me.

On another note, I saw a bright yellow Lamborghini Gallardo LP-540 a few days ago! It was moving so I couldn't snatch a picture but it was HOT! 🔥

Anyways, I think that about does it for this week!  (I didn't inform you last week, but after I emailed you, we met up with the rest of our zone in Lindon, UT and played soccer for at least 3 hours. Serving with a Brit for this long has made me develop a love for fútbol. Yeah good times!)


Love you all!

-Elder Ahrens

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment