Monday, October 20, 2014



WASSSSSSUP!

This is weird....it has NOT been another WHOLE week! Time is speeding up! What da heck?!

I'm starting to lose track of what has happened over the course of the week because of how fast it's moving!

So thinking back....we went tracting in probably the most luxurious trailer park you've ever seen. About 15 double wides positioned in a grid in this 55 and over retirement "village". We did some exploring there. Went door to door like typical missionaries do. We ran in to a couple less active families. Old couples. We ended up staying there for quite some time because of all the stories they had to tell! I love old people haha! So one of the houses we visited belonged to a member. A couple from South Africa! Super cool and they had plenty of stories to tell as well!  We went back up there the following day because of time and we revisited those who weren't home the previous day.

While I was on exchanges, I went in to a bilingual area (English and Spanish) with Elder Escobar. He's super chill and we had a good time! It was actually nice because I could practice my Spanish! When we did studies in the morning, we were reading Preach My Gospel in Spanish and I was actually understanding some of it! I could gather as a whole what the paragraph was saying! It was pretty neat so I'm hoping that I can continue to practice my Spanish as my mission goes on. While we were at our dinner appointment, it was at the Senior Missionaries' home, and they were housing a mother and her daughter from Hungary! It was so cool to hear them speak in Hungarian. The daughter is 9 years old, knows perfect Hungarian, and has lived here in the US with her mother for a year, and speaks flawless English! Oh the gift of tongues is very real! Ever since I came on my mission, I've become more and more fascinated with different languages!

This past Sunday, we had that young man who was recently baptized conferred and ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood and become a Deacon! He's really moving up quickly and we're so proud of him! He'll be passing the sacrament next Sunday! So cool!

So a less active we're working with....we had been talking to him for a while and he's a really cool guy. He's got a heck of a story. He's a truck driver. Well...He's been fighting unemployment issues for a while and finally got a job with Ryder Van Lines. He's probably headed out to St. Louis with his rig right now to start his new job.

So today we have Zone Activity. That's coming up so we're going to go get some lunch and head out that way!

So YEAH! Talk to you all in a week! Sure won't feel like it!

Hasta Luego! Love you all!

-Elder Ahrens

No comments:

Post a Comment