Monday, August 10, 2015


Transfers for necessary growth!



My new companion, Elder Laffidy.

Saying good-bye to Pleasant Grove :(



Hello family!

Greetings from wonderful Lehi, UT! Yep, transfers were last Wednesday and I was put BACK in to Lehi. The same exact area that I started in a year ago! I'll tell ya what, it's really nice to come back and see everybody again! So while I was gone, the area had taken over another area...so right now we cover 4 stakes in Lehi....and we're on our bikes...so that's fun. Makes getting to our lessons a little challenging.

So here's how transfers went. So we all gathered in this chapel in Lindon, UT. Transfers begun. President Killpack introduced the 3 new guys who were called to the Utah Orem Mission! Could you imagine getting that on your call letter? Anyways, the areas started to come around. We finally got mine. "Elder Laffidy, serving in the Lehi North Area. Meet your new companion, Elder Ahrens!" He and I shot up and was just relieved and excited! Gave each other a big ol bro hug and off we went! We couldn't get over the fact that we were serving together! It was awesome! Over the past few days, he and I have had a great time catching up! Walking around, seeing people. Elder Laffidy and I have a lot in common. We talk openly, we aren't afraid to talk to people. It's so nice! We really enjoy working together! I can't think of a day this past week where we didn't have a few good laughs!

I'll quickly tell you a little bit about Elder Laffidy. He's a great guy. We hit our year mark together. He's from Hartsville, South Carolina. He's the oldest of 4. He's 2 months older than me. And he is a fantastic missionary.

Which reminds me! On Saturday evening, we're gonna go up American Fork Canyon with a family and Elder Laffidy and I are gonna burn our shirts together to celebrate our 1 year mark!

I'm sure gonna miss the folks of Pleasant Grove but I'm glad to be back here in Lehi. I knew I had unfinished work to be done. Many stories and experiences to come!

I love you all!

-Elder Ahrens

No comments:

Post a Comment